MapServer/SSL/Certificates

Reuel Villaflor rvillaflor at ISPATECHNOLOGY.COM
Thu Jan 12 12:39:02 EST 2006

Hello.

I've got MapServer 4.6.1 installed on a Windows 2k3 box.  The installation
was the binary installation, downloaded from MapServer website.  I'm trying
to grab a layer from a WMS which requires authentication using a digital
certificate.

My browser has the CA and client certificates installed, but it looks as
though that's not good enough for MapServer - my guess is that MapServer's
use of libcurl precludes any certificate registration done in the browser?

Anyway, has anyone been able to use MapServer to access a WMS that requires
certificates, and if so, could you point me to some additional information?
Would this be as simple as fixing a *.map file, or would it be much more
involved, such as recompiling, etc.?

Thanks for any help.

-R