ArcInfo Ascii Grid

Carola Jesch cjesch at CCT.LSU.EDU
Sat Jan 14 22:26:39 EST 2006

This is a question I am very interested in, so has anybody an answer?
thanks, Carola

  _____

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Christopher Condit
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:26 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] ArcInfo Ascii Grid

I gave up on using Oracle Spatial to generate raster images from SDO points
on the fly.  Instead - I pull the proper information from the database into
an ArcInfo ASCII Grid file.  This much is working fine - however I'm running
into some issues when attempting to display the .txt file through MapServer:

*) How to use the CLASS in the layer to change the raster classification.
Right now it just ranges from black to gray.  The information is there but
almost impossible to see.  How do I change this to range from red to blue -
and be stratified automatically?

*) Does the NODATA_Value in the ASCII Grid file mess up the classification
scheme?

Thanks for your time,

Chris