php5 Linux

O. El Gawhary ing.elgawhary at TISCALI.IT
Wed Jan 18 05:27:09 EST 2006

Adam,

You can install Apache2 with --enable-modules=so option:

$ ./configure --enable-modules=so
$ make
$ make install

and PHP (as module) in this way:

$ ./configure --with-apxs2=/path/to/apxs/executable
$ make
$ make install

The procedure generates a loadable module (libphp5.so).It is necessary to
change the Apache configuration file httpd.conf as the following:

LoadModule php5_module  /path/to/module/ (if not present)
Addtype  application/x-httpd-php  .php  .phtml

(obviously if you want that PHP manage .php and .phtml files)
to allow Apache load the module.

After that you can install Mapserver. But, if I'm not in error, Mascript
is supported as CGI and not as DSO, so with the previous installation you
can have some problems.

Regards.
Omar

TISCALI ADSL Web&Mail
Solo con Tiscali Adsl navighi e telefoni senza canone Telecom a partire da
14,95 Euro/mese. Attivala subito!
Per te 500 MB inclusi per navigare, inviare e ricevere messaggi e-mail, foto
ed mp3.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/sa/2wam_tc/