define outline color in dbf-file ?!

Manfred Zerndl manfred.zerndl at BVV.BAYERN.DE
Mon Jan 23 07:32:21 EST 2006

I am looking for a way to define the outline (drawing) color of a vector
layer
in the DBF-File.

For Labeling it is an easy task, by using the LABELITEM keyword in the
mapfile. So the value of the attribute in that row is used for
annotation/labeling.

Is there such a way to define the color too ?!

I do not want to define a long list of Expressions in the CLASS-Section,
because theoretically every row in the SHP/DBF-File could have a
different color
and I do not want do change my map file if the shp-File changes.

Thank´s a lot,

Manfred