Raster layers from PNG + .wld file

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jan 24 07:59:28 EST 2006

On 1/24/06, Stephen Davies <sdc at sdc.com.au> wrote:
> G'day all.
>
> I have been successful in using ECW files as raster layers but am now
> trying to use a PNG file plus a .wld file with blank results.
>     EXTENT 735810 8454630 742810 8461630
> My dd1.wld file looks like:
>
> 2.1
> 0.0000000000
> 0.0000000000
> -2.1
> 746046.00
> 8450252.00

Stephen,

The world file above indicates that the left-most "X" value
in your png file will be 746046E which is east of the right
most side of your map extent (742810E).  Your PNG file
may be drawing just fine ... it just isn't on your map.

Failing to analyse extents of data carefully is a common
user error.

Best regards,