MapScript not working?

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Tue Jan 24 22:19:40 EST 2006

Hi Julian,

The error you get is not necessarily because it can't find
php_mapscript, but because of a dependency. Some dependencies of
php_mapscript, such as gdal13.dll, must sit in the executable path (or
system path, but that's not recommended, because of conflicting
versions). I recommend you move all mapserver-related DLL's to your php
directory, and then you can slowly try moving them one-by-one back to a
more proper path, and see when it fails. I only like keeping the
absolutely necessary dll's in the PHP path, and keep the rest in a
dedicated folder, which I added as a system path.

You may also want to run the dependency walker
(http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to check for missing dependencies
(although this does not necessarily report the problems you are running
into).

Hope this helps...

Jacob