Improvement for legend symbols ?

Mon Jan 30 13:53:34 EST 2006

The fix really isn't that bad, we'd just need to track visibility as features are rendered. Visibility would initially be set to false for each class and set to true if a feature of a certain class is rendered. Then a flag would be added to the legend object to take advantage of the class visibility. This feature is not real high on my todo list at the moment although if enough folks are interested then it could be.

Steve

>>> Troppenhagen, Horst-Günter <Troppenhagen at BGR.DE> 01/30/06 10:09 AM >>>
Hi list,

currently I am working on a PHP-Mapscript to display a legend for a geological map. In general it's nothing to speak of, but geological maps often have plenty of classes in a layer (the one I'm working on has 182) and a legend containing all of them would be really huge. It is my intention to have the legend only show the classes resp. legend items currently visible inside the actual map extend but I found no way to manage it without MapScript. Only at one place I found a hint to that feature: Bug # 750. I can imagine the needs for such MapServer feature is growing. Does anyone have an idea if this will be implemented in the near future ?

Best regards

Horst

Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources
Stilleweg 2
30655 Hannover
Germany
Tel.: (+49) 511 / 643-3327