Image tilling

Brent Fraser bfraser at GEOANALYTIC.COM
Sun Jul 2 12:12:46 EDT 2006

Ryan,

  The most important thing for a project like this is (I think you want to
display the imagery, not just the index of the imagery) to pick a
coordinate system to display your data in.  Typically "unprojected"
(also known as Geographic) is used.  For performance reasons, it's best
to have your source data in the same coordinate system (so mapserver
does not have to re-project the data).

Once you've decided on the coordinate systems, set the EXTENT and
PROJECTION in the map file:

EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
UNITS 'dd'
PROJECTION
  "proj=latlong"
  "ellps=WGS84"
  "datum=WGS84"
END

And if the source data is in a different coordinate system you need to
specify it in the LAYER definition.

Brent Fraser