Suggestions for street finder examples

luca marletta lucamarle at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 3 18:08:36 EDT 2006

The best way in my opinion for street finder is drawing a line along
the street, in the middle, and attach the name of the street to it in
dbf after you can manage with your mapserver client to make a search
by attribute for street name.
In map file you can also use the option
ANGLE AUTO and the labels with street names will be parallel to the street.
I use pmapper and here you can find a demonstration of what I told with pmapper
http://lazzate.homelinux.org/

Hope it can give some hints to you

regards
luca