WMS 1.3.0 in MapServer?

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Jul 7 09:53:40 EDT 2006

Hi Barend,

I don't know of any such plans (unfortunately).

The big caveat is as I understand it that PROJ.4 currently has no way to
determine the sequence of axes for a projection, and this is needed for
WMS 1.3. In the projection WKT this information is not stored, so an
application would need to check the EPSG database e.g.

I am sure Frank will be able to comment on this more.

Wrt other changes, I can name a few:

1) ScaleHints have been replaced with
MinScaleDenominator/MaxScaleDenominator (so scale ratio)
2) LegendURL image sizes are now optional which is a good thing

Best regards,
Bart

Barend Köbben wrote:

>Does anybody know if ther are plans for MapServer to be WMS 1.3.0 compatible?
>When reading the spec I find it difficult to see where ther are changes from 1.1.1 (other than it now being an ISO standrd also), and the OGC site is generally unhelpful, even in finding the answer to that obvious question...
>
>--
>Barend Köbben
>International Institute for Geo-information
>Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC)
>PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
>ph: +31 (0)53 4874253; fax: +31 (0)53 4874335

Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS
http://www.osgis.nl