mapserver as wms client - gracefully handling errors

Matthew Perry perrygeo at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 27 13:05:56 EDT 2006

On 7/24/06, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) <bartvde at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>>> "wms_exceptions_format "application/vnd.ogc.se_blank"
>
> please bear in mind that this is an optional exception format for the WMS
> spec, so it could be that the WMS server you are accessing does not
> support it (check the WMS GetCapabilities response).

This seems to be the case. Though their capabilities docs says
otherwise, the terrasever WMS does not support this exception format
properly (only text/html and xml).

Still, I've come full circle back to the original issue. If all else
fails and a cascaded WMS service returns something unexpected, how do
I get mapserver to ignore this and continue rendering the other
layers?

Until I figure that out, I'll just set the end WMS client to request
blank exceptions so users get a blank image rather than an
error-ridden image. Thanks for pointing that out.

--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com
http://www.perrygeo.net