AW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] AW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] ZOOM TO A SELECTED OBJECT

Dmitri Mizerkin mizerkin at WIRZ-KOELN.DE
Thu Jun 1 04:11:08 EDT 2006

Hello, Steve!

This is exactly that I want. In other words, I want a feature/item with a
particular ObjectID to be zoomed in by default.
Have you any ideas how to do it?

Cheers,

________________________________

Dmitri

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] Im
Auftrag von Steve Lime
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. Mai 2006 18:50
An: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Betreff: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] AW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] ZOOM TO A
SELECTED OBJECT

Say that again, I'm not sure exactly what you're after. Do you want to
populate a map
extent based on the properties of a particular feature?

Steve

>>> Dmitri Mizerkin <mizerkin at WIRZ-KOELN.DE> 5/31/2006 10:54:28 AM >>>
Dear all,

I'm trying to solve a similar problem. My situation is like this:
Say I have two layers on the map - "Achse" for showing all items and
"Sel_Achse" only for selected ones. The map is shown in the browse-mode. I
call the picture with the following line in the address-bar:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/Avenida/htdocs/Avenida.m

ap&mode=browse&layer=Achse&layer=Sel_Achse&oid=11 ,
where "oid" is the ObjectID of the item to be shown in the
"selected-item-layer".
I have been playing with zooming for some time and got to the conclusion,
that it is only possible to manipulate it adding 3 additional parameters
(imgxy, imgext and zoom) to the address line. Here's a line implementing a
5x zoom to the centre of the map:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/Avenida/htdocs/Avenida.m

ap&mode=browse&layer=Achse&layer=Sel_Achse&oid=11&imgxy=290+149.5&imgext=257
4985.815002+5646056.028076+2587295.900005+5655288.591828&zoom=5
Is it possible to get one of the parameters (imgxy or imgext) at run-time so
that it would be possible to zoom to the right area of the map not waiting
for a user-click? Is there any way to do that using mapxy=shape and
mapext=shape instead? In this case, which parameter could identify the shape
to zoom to?

Many thanks in advance!

Dmitri