mapscript projection & WMS questions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Jun 5 15:52:59 EDT 2006

Brent Wood wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I have a java mapscript application embedded in a java application, & have a
> couple of questions:
>
> Is reprojection supported (via proj.4)?

Brent,

Reprojection of input rasters and vectors is supported by MapServer and
mapscript applications using PROJ.4, assuming it is configured in.  This
has long been the case.

> Are WMS data providers supported?

MapServer and MapScript support accessing remote WMS layers as an input
as long as WMS client support is built in, and has for some time.

> (So far I've been unable to get either to work, otherwise it is fine).

If you are having problems with the WMS client support from Java MapScript
the issue might *possibly* be related to the kind of multithreading used
for processing several WMS requests at once.  This is done down in libcurl
I think so I don't know the details.

Best regards,