MapServer from FWTools and JPEG 2000 drivers

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Jun 5 16:03:03 EDT 2006

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> FWTools package include gdal version supporting JPEG 2000 through Kakadu driver and Mapserver version 4.9.  Now I have a question:
>
> - This gdal version seems to have two JPEG 2000 drivers, JP2KAK and JP2ECW.  Which one will be used by Mapserver for JPEG 2000 layer? Can it be selected somehow in the mapfile?

Jukka,

Normally the JP2KAK driver will take precidence over the JP2ECW driver
if they are both available.  You can't control what driver will be used
on a per-layer basis, but you can add a MAP level configuration statement to
disable a driver.

eg.
   CONFIG "GDAL_SKIP" "JP2KAK"

Best regards,