need help with WMS layer

Kenton Williams Kenton_Williams at UMIT.MAINE.EDU
Tue Jun 6 11:27:46 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm new to adding WMS layers to my mapfiles and I'm having difficulties with the layer.  Here's my layer definition from my Mapfile:

	LAYER
	  NAME "jpl_landsat7"
	  TYPE RASTER
	  STATUS DEFAULT
	  MAXSCALE 6000000
	  CONNECTION "http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?"
	  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
	    METADATA
	      "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"
	      "wms_name" "global_mosaic"
	      "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
	      "wms_format" "image/jpeg"
	    END
	END

I get the following error from Mapserver (running shp2img):

msDrawMap(): WMS connection error. Failed to draw WMS layer named 'jpl_landsat7'. This most likely happened because the remote WMS server returned an invalid image, and XML exception or another unexpected result in response to the GetMap request.
Also check and make sure that the layer's connection URL is valid.

I don't know exactly what I did incorrectly, since I checked the URL (even copy/pasted it from the JPL site) and have included all of the required information according to the documentation.

If anyone could offer a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!

Kenton Williams