problem with ogr oracle spatial layer

Mark Adams Mark.Adams at DPRA.COM
Tue Jun 6 14:56:11 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been trying to publish an oracle spatial layer in
mapserver/mapscript using OGR, with no success. Mapserver tells me "file
not found or unsupported format"; running ogrinfo I get:

"C:\Inetpub\mapserver>ogrinfo --debug on
oci:minfwhse_p1/minfwhse_p1 at normin.ad.dp

ra.com references

OCI: Userid=minfwhse_p1, Password=minfwhse_p1,
Database=normin.ad.dpra.com

OCI: OCIEnvCreate() failed with status 2083788472.

Presumably Oracle is not properly installed, skipping.

OGR: OGROpen(oci:minfwhse_p1/minfwhse_p1 at normin.ad.dpra.com) failed.

OCI: Userid=minfwhse_p1, Password=minfwhse_p1,
Database=normin.ad.dpra.com

OCI: OCIEnvCreate() failed with status 2083788472.

Presumably Oracle is not properly installed, skipping.

OGR: OGROpen(oci:minfwhse_p1/minfwhse_p1 at normin.ad.dpra.com) failed.

FAILURE:

Unable to open datasource
`oci:minfwhse_p1/minfwhse_p1 at normin.ad.dpra.com' with

the following drivers.

  -> OCI" etc

Any ideas about what OGR is looking for here?

-Thanks in advance

Mark Adams

Senior Analyst & Project Manager

Cuesta Systems (DPRA Canada)