Anti Alias Problem

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 14 04:12:06 EDT 2006

On 6/14/06, Thomas Hammerlund <tom at maplink.jp> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply Steve.
>
> I'm running mapserver 4.8.3 and outputting jpegs via the gdal/jpeg driver.
> I'm using the gdal driver because the gd/jpeg driver output progressive
> encoded jpegs(which i couldn't use).
>
> Example layer:
> LAYER
>   NAME l_koku_u
>   STATUS ON
>   TILEINDEX "ixs/shb/50000/l_koku_u_ix"
>   TILEITEM "location"
>   TYPE LINE
>   CLASSITEM Code
> CLASS
>  MAXSCALE 337000
>  MINSCALE 85001
>  Name style1
>  EXPRESSION 'l_bbbcd'
>     STYLE
>       COLOR 240 184 53
>       WIDTH 1
>            #ANTIALIAS TRUE
>     END
>   END
> END
>
> I'm creating my image using perl mapscript.  my mistake, the problem is not
> with the fonts but with the lines.  when I turn style antialiasing on for my
> line layers perl throws an internal server error with no error message from
> mapserver (or perl).
>
> The outputformat in my mapfile looks like this:
>
> OUTPUTFORMAT
> NAME jpeg
> DRIVER "GDAL/JPEG"
> MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
>  IMAGEMODE RGB
> FORMATOPTION "QUALITY=100"
>  EXTENSION "jpg"
> END
>
> Which antialias patch are you referring to?

This one (against gd-2.0.33):
*** gd.c.orig   Wed Jun 14 10:06:22 2006
--- gd.c        Mon Jun 12 12:05:28 2006
***************
*** 3032,3037 ****
--- 3032,3040 ----
  static void gdImageSetAAPixelColor(gdImagePtr im, int x, int y, int
color, int t)
  {
        int dr,dg,db,p,r,g,b;
+       if(x<0||y<0||x>=im->sx||y>=im->sy) {
+               return;
+       }
        p = gdImageGetPixel(im,x,y);
          /* TBB: we have to implement the dont_blend stuff to provide
            the full feature set of the old implementation */

or this one:
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/ka-map-users/2006-March/001069.html

The latter is probably better, as it uses a gd macro...

HTH,
Umberto