re-using raster CLASS definitions

Jeff de La Beaujardiere jeff2005 at SVS.GSFC.NASA.GOV
Fri Jun 16 10:50:55 EDT 2006

Randy James wrote:
> Creating a tile index may be what you want. gdal has one also you can
> use tile4ms in your cgi-bin check it out at:
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/utilityreference/tile4ms

Thank you. I do not have tile4ms in my mapserver installation, but I
successfully used ogrtindex.

I mis-wrote in my first message that these were raster classes--they are in fact
polygons whose interiors are filled with color, thus producing a raster-like image.

The dataset is lunar geology classification, BTW. I'll post a link when publicly
available.

Thanks again,
Jeff DLB