problem in Mapserver installation

Narayani Barve narayani.tech at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 19 02:59:06 EDT 2006

Dear all,
I am trying to install mapserver version 4.8.1 in windows 2000 system. I
have loaded WAMP5 (window's Apache 2, MySQL 5 and Php 5). I downloaded the
file "mapserver-4.8.1-win32-php4.4.2.zip". As per the installation
instruction, I copied the dll files in the extentions directory in php.
Unzipped the files in the directory C:\mapserver_binaries. And configured
the path variable in windows. I also download the example "itasca" and
copied it to the "c:\wamp\www", This is the localhost directory in WAMP. And
changed the paramenter accordingly in the demo file. Now I have 2 problems.

1. Sample code with "itasca" is not working. It gives me error "firefox do
not know how to open this address, because the protocol(c) isn't associated
with any program". So I thought my mapserver is not installed properly.

2. So I copied the sample code given in the documention section of
mapserver. The code is as follows.
<HTML>
<BODY>
<?php
if (PHP_OS == "WINNT" || PHP_OS == "WIN32")
  {
    dl("php_mapscript_48.dll");
    print("This is coming here");
  }
  else
  {
    dl("php_mapscript.so");
  }
  phpinfo();
?>

</BODY>
</HTML>

when I execute this code I get error Warning: "dl() [function.dl]: Not
supported in multithreaded Web servers - use extension=php_mapscript_48.dll
in your php.ini in C:\wamp\www\sample.php on line 10 " Now I do not know,
whether the mapserver is configured properly or not.

I am trying to configure Mapserver from some time, but I am not getting any
success. Can anybody help me in giving some useful suggestion.?  Any help is
appreciated.

Narayani