S57

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Jun 22 13:17:56 EDT 2006

Mariette Hachey wrote:
> That was exactly what i needed. I was missing the layer number after the file
> name.

Mariette,

I would encourage you to put the layer name in the DATA keyword instead of
embedding the file layer desired within the CONNECTION string.  (I think this
is what the example shows).

So do
   CONNECTION "data/abc.000"
   DATA "SOUNDG"

rather than:

   CONNECTION "data/abc.000,7"

I suggest this because the "embed into connection string" approach is
deprecated and may be removed at some point in the future.

Also, using the feature class names, like SOUNDG, is much more readable
than using layer numbers which might change in future software updates.

Best regards,