query raster layer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Jun 22 22:58:37 EDT 2006

Giorgio Libertà wrote:
> the raster file is a compressed tif generated using GDAL utils.
>
> When I try a WMS GetFeatureInfo I got the following error:
> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
> <ServiceException>
> msDrawShape(): General error message. Unknown layer type.
> </ServiceException>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>
>
> Please can you help me. What's wrong with my layer?
> Maybe the definition is not complete?

Giorgio,

I implemented the raster query support, and I never tested using it
to support a WMS GetFeatureInfo.  I suspect the code isn't setup properly
to handle it.  However, it would help if you gave more detail.  What
was your exact GetFeatureInfo request for instance?  Ultimately, if you
would like me to look into it in detail you will need to provide a
mapfile, supporting data, and the exact url I can use to invoke
mapserver to reproduce the problem.

Best regards,