query raster layer

Giorgio Libertà giorgio.liberta at JRC.IT
Fri Jun 23 07:52:08 EDT 2006

Dear Frank,

Thank you for your replay.
For the moment I can not give you access to this part because I am
developing
this new functionality and the all stuff is on my intranet. Sorry.

But anyway to give you more info:
1. I am using mapserver 4.8.3 with GDAL 1.2.6
2. the url  example is
dev-effis.h07.jrc.it/mapserv/WmsEffis?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetFeatureInfo&LAYERS=landcover&QUERY_LAYERS=landcover&FEATURE_COUNT=100&BBOX=-7.366837147853632,32.29370224938404,10.613480010522485,50.02771369326186&WIDTH=730&HEIGHT=720&X=192&Y=488&INFO_FORMAT=text/html
3. when I use the GetCapabilities the layer 'landcover' is queryable=1

thx & ciao

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Giorgio Libertà wrote:
>
>> the raster file is a compressed tif generated using GDAL utils.
>>
>> When I try a WMS GetFeatureInfo I got the following error:
>> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
>> <ServiceException>
>> msDrawShape(): General error message. Unknown layer type.
>> </ServiceException>
>> </ServiceExceptionReport>
>>
>> Please can you help me. What's wrong with my layer?
>> Maybe the definition is not complete?
>

> Giorgio,
>
> I implemented the raster query support, and I never tested using it
> to support a WMS GetFeatureInfo.  I suspect the code isn't setup properly
> to handle it.  However, it would help if you gave more detail.  What
> was your exact GetFeatureInfo request for instance?  Ultimately, if you
> would like me to look into it in detail you will need to provide a
> mapfile, supporting data, and the exact url I can use to invoke
> mapserver to reproduce the problem.
>
> Best regards,

Giorgio Libertà
European Commission - DG Joint Research Center
Institute for Environment and Sustainability
Land Management & Natural Hazards Unit
TP 261, via Fermi
Ispra (VA), 21020 Italy

e-mail: giorgio.liberta at jrc.it