csharp-mapscript: transform scale

Christian Wilmes C.Wilmes at GMX.DE
Mon Jun 26 09:19:14 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I've got some WMS-Layers in my Map. In the getCapabilities is a min and a maxscale. The problem is, the units of my map and of the layer are different. So I have to transform them for using min and maxscale in the Layer. Is there any possibility to find out the units of a layer if there is no declaration in the getCapabilities-Document. There is only the epsg-format in the Document is that enbough? Are there any libraries which solves that problem? How is generally to calculate the scale from Meters to deegree?

Best Regards
Christian