NQUERY mode again

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Mon Jun 26 09:24:50 EDT 2006

Dave,

That is a weird one.

What version are you using?

Can you post relevant sections of your map file and template files?

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of DjwStone
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 5:48 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] NQUERY mode again

In view of my earlier NQUERY post eliciting zero response, could I try
and explain better what I'm trying to do, and ask if NQUERY is the right
technique?

My map file has about 12 layers: parish boundaries(polygon),
labels(annotation), and the rest are point layers showing the locations
of a specific type and century (e.g. 15th-century altars). These
location layers also have a saint's name substituted in at run-time so
you can show 15th-century altars dedicated to St.Patrick, for instance.

The template file is a simple development from one in the the MapServer
tutorial; it allows the mode to be set to Browse or NQuery, one or more
point layers chosen, and one saint's name selected.

Browse mode works OK, and the right symbols are drawn on the map in the
right place(s).

When I change the mode to NQUERY, keeping the layer and saint-name
selections the same, and click on a point-layer symbol on the map, what
I'd expect to get back in the query template are attributes from all the
'hits' in all selected layers. Is that correct?

As I indicated in the earlier post, the query template is in fact
returning the expected number of hits, but the attributes of each one
are identical which definitely is incorrect!

Short of progressively simplifying my app to constrain the problem, can
anyone suggest where in the haystack to start looking?

Cheers,

Dave