[GRASS-user] ogr-grass

Stephan Holl holl at GDF-HANNOVER.DE
Thu Jun 29 02:57:56 EDT 2006

Hello Paolo,

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:47:59 +0200 Paolo Cavallini
<cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi all.
> We're experimenting with the ogr driver for grass vector (just entered
> into Debian unstable - thanks Steve Halasz!). Everything works well
> 8eg ogr2ogr), but we cannot figure out how to pass the PostgreSQL
> connection string through MapServer. AFAICT, mapserver works as
> www-data user, and rough attempts to give these credential to
> www-data (copying .grasslogin6 in /home/www-data) had no success
> (DBMI-Postgres driver error: Cannot connect to Postgres: fe_sendauth:
> no password supplied). With dbf driver everything is ok.
> Anybody has a hint?

you are going to access GRASS-data with postgressql-stored attributes
through mapserver?
Perhaps you need to do db.login as www-data first to create the needed
dot-files?!

Just another thought:
Does the user www-data have rights to access to postgresql at all? Did
you try with psql -U www-data <yourdb>? Does it work?

Hope this helps

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508