Mapserver binaries for Oracle10g

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Jun 30 04:14:01 EDT 2006

Mapserv.exe is small since it depends on libmap.dll now. I.e. most of
the application code is now in a dll and not in the executable itself.

How to enable Oracle is explained in the MS4W readme file, excerpt
pasted here:

Steps to Enable Oracle 10g Support in MS4W

1. Make sure you have Oracle 10g client software installed on your
machine (the
   same machine that you are running MS4W on).

2. Download libmap.dll for Oracle 10g from
http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/build_output/4_8_3

3. Replace the existing libmap.dll in /ms4w/Apache/cgi-bin/ with the
downloaded one.

4. Move the ogr_OCI.dll plugin file up one level from
/ms4w/gdalplugins/ignored/ into
   /ms4w/gdalplugins/

5. Restart Apache to be safe.

6. For mapfile configuration see