Coordinate Systems

Ryan Ollerenshaw ollerery at ENGR.ORST.EDU
Fri Jun 30 12:05:01 EDT 2006

I keep on seeing lat/long values represented as large integer number and I am
unsure how this conversion is made.  For example 356800E, 5767999N I assume
maps to a specific lat/long location but how do I determine exactly where.

My problem is that I need to create world files for several aerial photos that
have lat/long values in the title but I am not sure how to georeference these
images using MapServer.

Example file name: thm_dir_N00_000.png, them_dir_N00_030.png

Also,
I believe that I can use gdal_translate to georeference these images would the
correct format be:
gdal_translate -a_ullr 180 0 210 -30 thm_dir_N-30_180.png thm_dir_N-30_180.tiff