Install at Shared Hosting Facility, can it be done???

blaise bpicinbono at WORLDONLINE.FR
Tue Mar 7 19:33:51 EST 2006

Keith, please post to the list so you'll get help from all and your exp will
be shared.
You can try setting mapserver on a shared host, it might work, or not,
difficult to know without testing. Even if working, your shared host might
not fit your serious needs (verbose a bit more). There are some professional
mapserver hostings around, did you check ? With a serious web connection you
could also setup and plugin your own server.
You may start by the beginning ;) : on a local linux box, build a basic
mapserver cgi (./configure without options), upload it to your shared server
and try the test page :
http://yourserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?
What do you get ?
Blaise