Projection issues on WFS-Server

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Mar 8 09:30:03 EST 2006

Stephan,

  From what I have seen, this happens when the layer does not have a
projection object (with possibly an espg code) that reflects the
projection of your layer.
  This can easily be reproduced  if I set a projection object at the map
level (or metadata wfs_srs = "EPSG:4326") and I use a layer which is not
in lat/long and does not have a projection object.
In that case the default fallback is to assume that the layer is the
same projection as the map. If the layer has a valid projection, there
will be a reprojection of the extents.

  Stephan, is this the case for you ?

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Stephan Holl wrote:
>
>> Hello Frank,
>>
>> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 15:12:20 -0500 Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at POBOX.COM>
>> wrote:

> Stephan,
>
> Looking more closely at your bounding box, it doesn't really look
> like it hasn't been reprojected.  It looks more like it was unitialized
> or defaulted somehow since all the values are the same.
>
> I am also starting to wonder if this is an issue specific to PostGIS.
>
> I'm no WFS nor PostGIS-in-MapServer guru.  My suggestion is you try
> and reproduce the problem from shapefiles.  If you can reproduce it
> from shapefiles, then you should submit a bug report with a dataset,
> map and the exact WFS query to reproduce the problem.  You should
> test the WFS query against mapserv at the commandline to maximally
> ensure it will be easy for the bug fixer to reproduce.
>
> If you can't reproduce the problem with a shapefile, then I suspect
> the issue is somehow related to WFS interacting with the PostGIS driver.
> You likely still ought to file a bug, but it will likely be hard to
> bundle things up to make it easy for a bug fixer to reproduce.
>
> Best regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca