newbie question

Skalski Artur - askals Artur.Skalski at ACXIOM.COM
Fri Mar 10 04:02:50 EST 2006

hi

have a look here: http://195.94.206.181/test/mapserver/framedefs/main.html
it's simple app allowing to do some statistics for area sorrounding pointed location on map, it's still primitive but gives some overwiew of the issue

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On Behalf Of Etienne Sévin
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 9:50 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] newbie question

Hi there,

We are planning to add a MapServer plugin to our online survey
application to allow user to build thematic analysis.
I'm really new to GIS and most of the examples I saw about mapserver
were issues about geographic localization.
Where could I find examples about how to build thematic analysis like
the one we can find in a mapinfo package for instance?

I hope this question is not too dumb ...

best regard,

Etienne
privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.