newbie question {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at AGT.BME.HU
Sat Mar 11 08:52:03 EST 2006

Hi Etienne,

First you have to select your favorite language for mapscript, there are
several choices, php, pyton, perl, c#, ....

First check mapserver.gis.emn.edu/docs page, there are reference, howto
and faq topics.
I started with
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/phpmapscript-byexample

GMap is a sample application written in php. You cab customize it for your
aims.
http://www.maptools.org/dl/gmap-ms46.zip

Chameleon is high level approache, few programming neccessary
http://chameleon.maptools.org

I have used phpmapscript so far.

I hope this helps you

Zoltan