Installation problem

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCAN.GC.CA
Mon Mar 13 11:28:00 EST 2006

"mapserv" is the CGI, therefore the PHP configuration has no bearing on it.

Look in apache's "error_log" to see if anything shows up when you make a
request to the CGI?

Normally, you should see the same message in your browser that you would see
from the command line (i.e. "QUERY_STRING not set ...").

Since you don't presumably some error occurs, and hopefully it shows up in
apache's error log file.

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Dave McCormick
Sent: March 13, 2006 11:14 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Installation problem

Hi,

I am using Mandrake 10, Apache 2.2 , PHP 4.4.2.  Following the instructions
from here http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/compiling_on_unix and here
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/verboselinuxinstall.

When I get to the end and test "./mapserv" the correct message returns.

When I test on a browser "http://yourhostname.com/cgi-bin/mapserv" I recieve
"download program as file?".

I imagine the proplem is in my php setup, but after four times of setting
things up (reinstall apache, php, etc, I still have the same problem.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanh you,
Dave