Problem with reprojected images

Tue Mar 14 11:22:14 EST 2006

Dirk Jesko wrote:
> Ed,
>
> I already thought of something like this already. However, this should
> not happen. If the images are seamless (our images are seamless and do
> not have any borders) in the original projection, they should also be
> seamless after a reprojection. Otherwise, I would call it a bug.

May be, may be not! In a continuous math world this might be true, but
pixels are not continuous, this might be caused by a rounding or
numerical percision cause the pixel location to fall inside or outside
of the patch.

> I just tested an older version of Mapserver (4.6.1). That one creates
> seamless results, even if the images are reprojected. Only newer
> versions (tested 4.8.1) produce non-seamless images. Can someone confirm
> this?

Well a behavior change can certainly be considered a bug :) In which
case you might want to submit a simple test case (like two tiles and a
mapfile) the reproduct the results.

-Steve W.