mysql?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Mar 15 11:49:29 EST 2006

Cameron Blandy wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> Just wondering what the status of MySQL spatial support within OGR is.
>
> I just downloaded the latest version of ms4w thinking that support for
> MySQL was included but it is not yet. I am new to MapServer and I am doing
> some experimenting with it. Do you have any an idea of when I will be able
> to view MySQL spatial tables in MapServer.

Cameron,

MySQL Spatial support is complete and reasonably well tested, but it exists
in the CVS version of GDAL only at this time.  It was not in the last release
(GDAL 1.3.1).  I am hoping to do a GDAL 1.3.2 release within the next week
or two.  My understanding is that MS4W is using GDAL 1.3.1 so it would not
have the new support.

Best regards,