Improving Performance... {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at AGT.BME.HU
Sun Mar 19 19:35:23 EST 2006

Hi,

Probaly you use MS XP, there is a limitation, one program is limited to
use 2GB RAM only on a 32 bit system. On Xp 64 bit no memory limit (or
higher?).
Try to create the spatial index on a linux box ;)

An other solution is to split your shape file into smaller tiles and
use ogrtindex to create tileindex. It may make faster your application.
Make an index for each tile and for the tile index too.

Zoltan