Mac OS X installers Panther vs Tiger

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Mon Mar 20 20:11:17 EST 2006

Well, I've been considering Python mapscript.  Things that have been
stalling me are:

- waiting for the Universal MacPython

- recent focus on getting everything Universal

- I wasn't sure of the status/stability/feature parity of python
mapscript

- I forgot (that universal thing, again, pushed a lot to the back of
my mind)

I have built it before as a test.  What's the problem with PROJ?  My
installers include proj 4.4.9, is there a some build error?

On Mar 20, 2006, at 5:31 PM, Allan Doyle wrote:

> First of all, thanks for the great packages!
>
> I just voted for Tiger-only. But I'm a pretty small-potatoes user,
> I suspect your poll may get skewed by that kind of thing.
>
> However, as long as you're asking, I did run into trouble the other
> day not being able to build python mapscript after having installed
> all the Mac packages. I wrote this up:
>
>  http://www.eogeo.org/Members/adoyle/ad-snippets/pymapscript-build
>
> If I did something really stupid, please let me know...
>
> 	Allan

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy