WFS - Playing with scales

Léveillé, James James.Leveille at MTQ.GOUV.QC.CA
Thu Mar 23 08:43:23 EST 2006

Hi,

I configured a mapfile for a WFS service.
The MINSCALE and MAXSCALE dont seem to be working properly since data is
displayed at any scale ...
I did the same thing for a WMS service (another mapfile) and it works fine.
Any idea why it doesn't work with WFS ?

Other question:
Is it true to say that when I connect to a WFS service and I display a
particular layer, all the data from that layer is loaded initially. This
causes the first display to be slower but any modification to my view
afterwards (zoom area, zoom out, pan, etc ...) is (almost) instantly since
data is all on the client side ...