Strange colors behavior

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Mar 30 02:56:11 EST 2006

On Mar 30, 2006, at 12:34 AM, Sylvain Perrinel wrote:

> --Boundary_(ID_mpy39T624eCnTYq3FzSG2Q)
>
> Hi list,
> I have got a map which behave strangely.
>
> At full extent without label, the colors are correct. But if I put
> labels on my map, the colors are strange (pink is grey, orange is
> yellow, ...).
>
> And with labels, if I zoom in, the colors become standard. I display
> only one layer with classes.
>
> I use Mapscript to make the mapfile and Mapserver 4.6.1 to generate
> the
> images.
>
> Here is the mapfile :

[snip]

Sylvain,

Antialiased TrueType labels will tend to use up all the available
colors in a 256 color palette, leaving none left over for following
layers. Switching to 24 bit PNG will help, or you can draw dummy
layers in the map early in order to get important colors into the
palette before the labels are rendered.

cheers,
Sean

---