gdal-version.h

Blaise bpicinbono at WORLDONLINE.FR
Tue May 2 19:48:12 EDT 2006

Le Mardi 2 Mai 2006 22:36, bessiere julien a écrit :
> Blaise a écrit :
> > Le Mardi 2 Mai 2006 21:02, bessiere julien a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >> i'm trying toi install mapserver-4.8.1
> >> but running "make" i have an error message :
> >>
> >> mapogr.cpp:142:28: erreur: gdal_version.h : Aucun fichier ou répertoire
> >> de ce type mapogr.cpp: In function ‘int msOGRLayerGetAutoStyle(mapObj*,
> >> layerObj*, classObj*, int, long int)’: mapogr.cpp:2185: attention :
> >> ‘oPenColor$red’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> >> mapogr.cpp:2185: attention : ‘oPenColor$green’ may be used uninitialized
> >> in this function mapogr.cpp:2185: attention : ‘oPenColor$blue’ may be
> >> used uninitialized in this function mapogr.cpp:2185: attention :
> >> ‘oPenColor$pen’ may be used uninitialized in this function make: ***
> >> [mapogr.o] Erreur 1
> >>
> >> and i really can't find this gdal-version.h
> >>
> >> i tried :
> >> * www.pbone.net
> >> * [root at localhost julien]# yum provides gdal_version.h
> >> but, in vain...
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> julien
> >
> > Hi Julien
> > Gdal is over there : http://www.gdal.org/
> > You can try with the rpm, but the source should compile well with simple
> > "./configure + make + make install" sequence.
> > Blaise
>
> hi,
> Sorry, maybe i was not very clear :/
> Actually, gdal is already installed.
> I have the error message while running the mapserver make...
>
> On the gdal website, i found the content of gdal_version.h file.
> I saw too, that the gdal.h has something which looks like the content of
> gdal_version.h
> /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
> /*      GDAL Version Information.                                       */
> /* -------------------------------------------------------------------- */
> #ifndef GDAL_VERSION_NUM
> #  define GDAL_VERSION_NUM      1230
> #endif
> #ifndef GDAL_RELEASE_DATE
> #  define GDAL_RELEASE_DATE     20040825
> #endif
> #ifndef GDAL_RELEASE_NAME
> #  define GDAL_RELEASE_NAME     "1.2.3.0"
> #endif
>
> Do you think i can try to make my own gdal_version.h by copying those line
> ?
>
> thx
> Julien
> it 's :

Julien,
Please, reply to the list. How did you get gdal installed ? I just build it
(1.3.2) from source, it creates some files in /usr/local/lib/ like
libgdal.so , and others in /usr/local/include like gdal.h and
gdal_version.h .
Then I build mapserver (4.8.3) with the only flag : "--with-gdal" and the
"make" completed without errors.
If you didn't installed gdal from sources, you should find the above files
somewhere in /usr/lib/ and /usr/include/ (perhaps /usr/lib/gdal/
and /usr/include/gdal/ ) ? Can you check where you have these files ?
If they are somewhere in /usr/lib/ and /usr/include/, you could try to
configure mapserver with this flag  : "--with-gdal=/usr/lib" or this one :
"--with-gdal=/usr".
Blaise