MapServer with MapInfo (WFS)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed May 3 10:50:29 EDT 2006

Francesco Antognini wrote:
> The second problem is more tricky. I really haven't done thorough
> testing on different platforms and versions, so it might be a specific
> issue with the windows version.
> Apparently mapserv.exe has a problem reading XML POST requests when
> lines are terminated by CR/LF. Depending on the setup/configuration,
> either it replies the messages "body is short" or just sits there
> waiting until it time outs.
> Unfortunately MapInfo seems to do just that, as it adds two CR/LF, one
> after the XML declaration, the other as the last characters. So I
> updated the same php script to strip CR from the POST body and reset the
> content-length header (actually a CGI environment variable).
>
> After that last change Mapinfo was able to successfully download the wfs
> layers into a local table.
> Hope this turns out to be helpful.
>
> Also, maybe someone can give a feedback on the CR/LF issue?

Francesco,

If you can provide details making it easy to reproduce this problem, then
I imagine we can fix it in MapServer.  An easy to reproduce problem might
be a text file which when piped into mapserver with appropriate options
or environment variables will trigger this problem.

I think a literal capture of the posted request from mapinfo (make sure
the CR's are preserved by zipping it!) when piped into mapserv.exe with
the environment variable REQUEST set to POST *should* trigger the same
behavior. If you can accomplish demonstrating the bug this way then please
submit it in bugzilla and someone should be able to fix it pretty quickly.
You can assign it to me if you wish.

Best regards,