MapServer with MapInfo (WFS)

Francesco Antognini fantognini at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 3 13:49:34 EDT 2006

On 5/3/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> Francesco,
>
> If you can provide details making it easy to reproduce this problem, then
> I imagine we can fix it in MapServer.  An easy to reproduce problem might
> be a text file which when piped into mapserver with appropriate options
> or environment variables will trigger this problem.
>
> I think a literal capture of the posted request from mapinfo (make sure
> the CR's are preserved by zipping it!) when piped into mapserv.exe with
> the environment variable REQUEST set to POST *should* trigger the same
> behavior. If you can accomplish demonstrating the bug this way then please
> submit it in bugzilla and someone should be able to fix it pretty quickly.
> You can assign it to me if you wish.
>
> Best regards,
> --

> warmerdam at pobox.com
> light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam<http://pobox.com/%7Ewarmerdam>
> and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGF, http://osgeo.org

I have quite a few of log files with samples from MapInfo, both original and
CR stripped. As you can guess, it took a while to understand what was
actually going on and needed test cases to ferret out the issue.

I'm pretty much sure of what happens on windows, but I haven't had the
chance yet to test it on other platforms, namely Linux. That's why I was
hesitating before going to bugzilla.
Francesco
--
Francesco Antognini