MapServer with MapInfo (WFS)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu May 4 08:53:32 EDT 2006

Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Now Cadcorp client is getting the WFS layer OK when in GET mode. If POST is
> selected, it gives the following error message: Invalid document structure
> at line 1, column 1 in file http://localhost:8060/cgi-bin/mywfs.exe?.
> deeJUMP is using POST and it can not connect to my Mapserver, perhaps for
> the same reason.

Jukka,

Once again, if you can isolate this to a problem we can reproduce with
mapserver on the commandline I am willing to dig into it.  Discussion of
various possibly related problems would be appropriate for the bug report
as well, but I'm primarily interested in a post dataset and conditions
that triggers the problem in isolation.

> By the way, Cadcorp browser has a "validate XML from server" tool which
> lists a few errors: Unknown element 'SFE_XMLSCHEMA' Element 'SFE_XMLSCHEMA'
> is not valid for content model:'(XMLSCHEMA,)' Unknown element 'GML3'
> Element 'GML3' is not valid for content model:'(GML2,)'
>
> I have no idea about the severity of these errors or if they are errors at
> all. Not many WFS services I have tried are accepted by this Cadcorp
> validation tool without any comments, but they may still be usable for the
> Map browser. My local Geoserver seem to be one of the few without any
> validation errors.

I'm a bit suspicious about the presence of GML3 stuff in our WFS response,
but this isn't my area of specialty.  I'll leave it to Steve or whoever
knows the GML generation well.

Best regards,