MapServer, IIS and Oracle

Léveillé, James James.Leveille at MTQ.GOUV.QC.CA
Thu May 4 12:09:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've been using MapServer (with Apache) with Oracle (10g) on Win XP.
Everything use to work perfectly ...

I'm now trying to make MapServer work on IIS, instead of Apache.
I'm using the same computer, but Apache was removed.
Here is what I did:
- MS4W was downloaded and unzipped.
- libmap.dll was downloaded and the original one was replaced (in
...\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin).
- 3 Env. vars were defined, as specified in
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/oracle_spatial_howto/view
<http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/oracle_spatial_howto/view> ).
- Full control was given (for now) to the internet user on the Oracle home
directory.
- getCapabilities looks OK (INPUT=ORACLESPATIAL)

As I recall, I'm using the same computer, so the Oracle connection should be
fine (it was working fine).
But I get the following error when testing :

The WMS Server issued the following exception: msDrawMap(): Image handling
error. Failed to draw layer named 'MyLayer'. msOracleSpatialLayerOpen():
OracleSpatial error. Cannot create OCI Handlers. Connection failure. Check
the connection string. Error: ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service
name.

Any solutions ??

Thanks

James Léveillé