How to run Java Mapscript in a servlet ON WINDOWS on Tomcat 5.5 (MS4W 1.5.1)?

frottoli at tiscali.it frottoli at TISCALI.IT
Thu May 4 13:03:36 EDT 2006

Hi,
 I need help to run Java MapScript on Windows on Tomcat 5.5 (I'm a
newbie about MapScript programming and about configuring servlet
containers or similar).
My problem is that I should build servlets or Java ServerPages that
interact with MapServer through Java MapScript.
I have downloaded MS4W 1.5.1 (that already includes Java MapScript,
according to the documentation) but if I'm not wrong it cointains only
Apache and not a servlet conainer, so I downloaded also Tomcat 5.5.
But how have I to configure Tomcat 5.5 ON WINDOWS to run the version
of Java MapScript included in MS4W?
Can anyone suggest me where I have to put the files provided with MS4W
(if it is necessary to change their position) and provide me the code
necessary to run Java MapScript in a servlet?
Please, I need detailed explanations because I have really no
experience in these things, but I MUST early produce a running Java
application for a very important assigment.
Thanks to all.
   Rot

Milioni di oggetti, impossibile non trovare quello che cerchi.

Dallo spillo all'elefante, non ti stupire.

Sei su eBay!

http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/724-7199-4110-179?id=2