Help needed in Raster/World file

raffle peter raffle80 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Sat May 6 09:07:23 EDT 2006

   Hi
       I am trying to include a .tif file for raster background. For that i have to write a .tfw(world file) for the corresponding .tif file. The information that i need to put in the world file are X, Y Pixel size, rotational co-efficient and X, Y location of the center of the top left pixel. I am trying to find these values by using gdalinfo-- but some values are 0.0
  in their corresponding field.
     Can anyone plz help me, how to get/set these values for the world file so that i can
  keep my raster data georeferenced with other layers in my mapfile.

  Thanks in advance
  Raffle