php-Mapscript 4.8.3 breaking php.exe

Ben Madin ben at REMOTEINFORMATION.COM.AU
Sun May 7 22:18:40 EDT 2006

I have an intermittent problem where I produce a map using php-
mapscript, , save the imagefile and the mapfile, display the map (in
a form) and finish up the page, but although my entire page displays,
the server machine (Win XP SP2 / ms4w (latest release - Apache
2.0.55 / php 4.4.3-dev / php-Mapscript 4.8.3)) displays an error :

php.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c91103c" referenced memory at "0x02660928".
The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

		[ OK ]

the page loading "hangs", and the server won't accept any further
commands until I click on the OK button.

It is intermittent, I gather it might be a memory management issue
with php, and while I suspect this may be a php / apache problem, I
wonder if anyone else has seen this issue. I have been using the
latest ms4w release since the day after Howard posted it, but only
php-mapscript since Thursday, and have only been seeing this since
then. I have looked through php but couldn't find anything , so php-
mapscript has to be my first enquiry.

I couldn't find anything in the mapserver archives, but I rarely seem
to be able to.

The mapfile has a fairly long but very straightforward regex to code
countries different colours based on a status retrieved from a
database, and then a default string for any without a status.

Regardless, the map is rendering properly and the html is displaying OK.

I can supply the mapfile if that would help, but don't want to clog
up the list.

cheers

Ben

--