ms4w 1.5.2 - unable to get mapserv.exe or php_mapscript_48.dll to work

Ben Madin ben at REMOTEINFORMATION.COM.AU
Mon May 8 01:16:59 EDT 2006

I have just downloaded the latest ms4w (1.5.2) and after installation
(at c:\ms4w\) I get phpinfo() without trouble.

However, when I click on mapserv.exe I get the following message in
the error log :

Premature end of script headers: mapserv.exe, referer : http://
10.0.1.2/index.phtml

When I follow http://10.0.1.2/phpinfo_mapscript_48.php

I get :

Warning: dl() [function.dl.html]: Unable to load dynamic library '/
ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_mapscript_48.dll' - The specified
module could not be found. in C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs
\phpinfo_mapscript_48.php on line 2

as the library is in this location, I assume that this is a problem
related to Mapserver above.

thank you.

cheers

Ben