ms4w 1.5.2 - unable to get mapserv.exe or php_mapscript_48.dll to work

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Mon May 8 01:22:56 EDT 2006

Hi Ben,

You have to be very careful with the DLL's. The error you get probably
means php_mapscript_48.dll is tryin to link to a DLL it is not
compatible with. Try to use the dependency walker
(www.dependencywalker.com) to find out which one it is (execute
"depends.exe php_mapscript_48.dll" in a command line window)

As I mentioned, the DLL's from MS4W are not compatible with those from
DMSolutions. Also, certain DLL's must be in the executable path in order
for them to work (just the system path may not be sufficient). For
example, gdal13.dll and the ER Mapper DLL's (and some others) probably
have to sit in the same directory as php-cgi.exe.

Regards,

Jacob