Problem trying to access WFS on Linux?

Brown, Jeff (C2MS) jeffrey.brown at NGC.COM
Tue May 9 15:06:19 EDT 2006

I get the following error message when I try to access my WFS resource:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'wfs_test'.
msWFSLayerWhichShapes(): WFS connection error. Got HTTP status -28
downloading WFS layer wfs_test
msHTTPExecuteRequests(): HTTP request error. HTTP: TIMEOUT of 30 seconds
exceeded for
http://map.ns.ec.gc.ca/envdat/map.aspx?&REQUEST=GetFeature&VERSION=1.0.0
&SERVICE=WFS&TYPENAME=envirodat&BBOX=-67.1454,46.7594,-50.1976,55.2333

I can successfully access the WFS resource using 'wget' once I set the
'http_proxy' environment variable and include the --proxy-user &
--proxy-passwd options. Therefore, I assume I have a HTTP proxy issue.
My question is how do I overcome it with Apache and 'mapserv'.
Thanks!
JAB