Premature end of script headers: mapserv

grabiel grabiel at MYWAY.COM
Wed May 10 02:36:30 EDT 2006

Hi
   Juan
     Check the file permission for mapserv and the path that preceeds it. If your mapserv is in /usr/local/apache/cgibin then
set the file permission(write) for others etc. using chmod comand.
If ur file permission is not set to write for each directory or mapserv then you may get the error that u have mentioned.
Best of luck
Grabiel

Hi all,

I have compiled successfully mapserver 4.8.3 under Solaris 8:

$ ./mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.8.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

However, when I put the mapserv file into the cgi-bin apache directory
and try to open the file directly without any parameters from my
browser, instead of the message expected ('No query information to
decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.'), I get an 'Internal Server
Error' message. If I look the apache logfile I get this: 'Premature end
of script headers: mapserv'.

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the apache environment is:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Could anyone help me?

Regards,

Juan.